The Xetra® Enhanced Transaction Solution (ETS) is a trading interface designed for market participants who are interested in low latency market access and transaction processing.
The main characteristics of ETS are:
- ETS is a message-based interface, the ETS connection is established simply via a TCP connection. No software has to be installed by the member.
- ETS is a session-oriented interface: an ETS application receives information on orders and quotes entered within the own session. Up to 100 trader logons are possible within one single session simultaneously.
- Orders and quotes entered via other ETS Sessions can be queried (query order/quote).
- Trade confirmations are delivered, depending on the parameter, also for other sessions or even other Member-IDs – Non-Clearing Members (backoffice functionality).
- ETS is an open interface: there are no restrictions regarding operating system and programming language.
- ETS is a simple interface with a low foot print and an uncomplicated syntax.
- A full documentation is provided via the protocol specification but also in an electronically-readable form using XML.
ETS does not provide:
- Market data (for example instrument prices, order book depth or indices)
- System status or instrument trading phase data
- News messages
- Administration for members, traders or instruments
For further questions the Technical Helpdesk is at your disposal.